Goals of ACSI
1. Accelerate the rate of discovery and description of cypriniform fishes and improve our understanding of the evolutionary and ecological relationships of cypriniform fishes.
2. Make information on cypriniform fishes readily available in print and electronically via websites with virtually all taxonomically relevant information.
3. Build the capacity for systematic research in other countries through student training and establishing long-term collaborations. Capacity-building leads to improved scientific understanding and investigations, and a greater appreciation of environmental challenges.
4. Make available large numbers of specimens and tissues of freshwater fishes, including those of species never before collected, in permanent collections of US and foreign institutions.
5. Expand knowledge of the phylogenetic relationships of Cypriniformes and construct a predictive classification by adding 1,000 species to the phylogeny of the Cypriniformes Tree of Life.
If you encounter any security errors loading Monoslideshow, please update your security settings by adding the Monoslideshow folder to the trusted locations.